Top Bass Guitar Lessons in USA
VirtuousReviews brings you the best Bass guitar Lesson Services in USA. Contact the top rated services near your location to compare the best prices.
It is a traditional concept to fill songs with low frequency music, in order to complete the sound. Mozart and Beethoven played bass on cellos, while Geddy Lee plays it on a bass guitar. The fretboards of stringed bass instruments are longer than those of guitars. And the strings are rather fat. Same is the case with Bass Guitars. Such little manipulations allowed bass players to create low frequency sound from the instrument.
In earlier days, bass guitars were played along with the bass drum and at a snare hit, it has to stop. Since the music has developed over the years, rules to play the bass guitar has changed too. Nowadays, the music allows bass players to play major grooves and solos. A bass guitar is made up of following components:-
Components of a Bass Guitar
Electronic or acoustic, a bass guitar will have the following basic components:-
- Fretboard:- The long linear board of all the bass guitars is called fretboard. The frets in itself are notes, which you have to press in order to modulate the sound.
- Body:- The body of a bass guitar accumulates all the frequencies flowing in a guitar and amplifies it. Amplification can either be done by the use of magnetic pickups (electric bass guitar) or by creating the body hollow (acoustic bass guitar)
- Bridge:- Bridge of a bass guitar is attached to its body. It is used to change string height and intonation adjustments.
- Headstock:- Headstock is the other side of the guitar with the wounded strings. A headstock is used to tune and to detune a guitar.
- Truss rod:- Truss rods save a bass guitar from weather conditions. As a bass guitar is completely made out of wood, bending and breaking seems a common issue. The truss rods adjust the wood, by keeping it in its place.
Basic components of Western Music Theory
- Pitch:- Pitch can be defined as how high or how low a note gets. It is directly proportional to the frequency of a sound. Pitch of a sound is very particular and it cannot be matched, even by a similar sound produced by a different equipment.
- Scales:- Scales came out as patterns in music which sensibly completes a music circle. A musical scale is made up of notes with a certain pattern to follow. For example, there are major scales in music which follows “Root Note-Tone-Tone-Semitone-Tone-Tone-Tone-Semitone” pattern. The last note of which again comes out to be the root note. There are a lot of other scales in music.
- Consonance and Dissonance:- Pick a note on any musical instrument. There are a number of consonance and dissonance for a note within its own scales. Consonant notes sound complete when played together. Dissonant notes give a feeling of incompleteness.
- Chord:- Chords can be defined as notes in a scale, which when played together, create a sensible sound. It can only be consonant notes or a combination of consonant and dissonant notes. For example, to play a major chord in any scale, you need to pick the first, third and fifth note from that scale. Play the selected notes together. You have got your chord.