Top Guitar Lessons in USA
VirtuousReviews brings you the best Guitar lessons in USA. Contact the institutes near your location to compare the best prices.
For years, guitars are reigning as the musical instrument of choice by the masses. Typically, guitars are made of a body and a fretboard. The idea that the concept revolves around, is to transfer the vibrations from the fretboard to the body with a minimised loss. Depending on the factor, the fretboard and the body are set in three ways:-
- Bolt-on construction:- Common for Electric guitars, the body, and the fretboard is crafted separately from the wood. The fretboard is then attached to the guitar using bolts and drills. The frequency loss in highest in Bolt-on constructed guitars
- Set Neck Construction:- Common for most of the acoustic guitars, this probably is the oldest way to attach body and fretboard together. Adhesives are used to stick the body and the fretboard together. The loss in frequency in Set Neck construction varies for every other adhesive.
- Neck Through Construction:- It is also known as solid body construction. The fretboard and the body of the Guitar are carved out of a single wood. Frequency loss in solid body construction is theoretically impossible, as the fretboard and body are unified.
A lot of genres in music use Guitar as one of their primary instruments. Jazz, Bass, Rock, Metal, and even Pop music use a guitar. To play guitar, you need to pluck the string and press the note you want to play on the fretboard. Every position on the fretboard is a different note. As you press the string against it, the vibrations pass down from the fret to the body. You may have a hollow body or you may have pickups on your guitar. Both of which techniques are used to amplify the sound waves.
Basic Components of Western Music theory
- Pitch:- Pitch can be defined as how high or how low a note gets. It is directly proportional to the frequency of a sound. Pitch of a sound is very particular and it cannot be matched, even by a similar sound produced by a different equipment.
- Scales:- Scales came out as patterns in music which sensibly completes a music circle. A musical scale is made up of notes with a certain pattern to follow. For example, there are major scales in music which follows “Root Note-Tone-Tone-Semitone-Tone-Tone-Tone-Semitone” pattern. The last note of which again comes out to be the root note. There are a lot of other scales in music.
- Consonance and Dissonance:- Pick a note on any musical instrument. There are a number of consonance and dissonance for a note within its own scales. Consonant notes sound complete when played together. Dissonant notes give a feeling of incompleteness.
- Chord:- Chords can be defined as notes in a scale, which when played together, create a sensible sound. It can only be consonant notes or a combination of consonant and dissonant notes. For example, to play a major chord in any scale, you need to pick the first, third and fifth note from that scale. Play the selected notes together. You have got your chord.