Top Gymnastics Classes in USA
VirtuousReviews provides you with the list of top Gymnastics Training Classes in USA that aims to meet all your needs and requirements effectively. The first mention of Gymnastics date back to 776 BC, Greek Empire. The only purpose back then was to train men for warfare. On the final day of their training, Greek Soldiers performed the maneuvers naked, using only the equipment of war. The practice of coordinating the mind with the physical exercises took place in Athens. The routines performed by the Gymnasts from Athens were more disciplined.
In late 18th Century Germany, 2 pioneers of modern Gymnastics, Johann Friedrich GutsMuths, and Friedrich Ludwig Jahn started training boys. They designed and created various equipment to train men. Later on, the same equipment got recognition as the equipment used in modern Gymnastics. The Federation of International Gymnastics was set up in 1881. By the year 1896, Gymnastics gained its popularity worldwide. Although the standardized equipment was not formed till 1954. Women Olympics were organized and participated by the women only, in the 1920s. It was in 1954 when sports manufacturer companies started building accessories for both, men and women. The male Gymnasts and the female Gymnasts share an almost similar form of games. Although, the number of games for male Gymnasts is higher than that of the female Gymnasts.
Common Games associated with Gymnastics
Artistic Female Gymnastics
- Uneven Bars
- Balance Beam
Artistic men Gymnastics
- Still Rings
- Parallel Bars
- Horizontal Bars
Rhythmic Gymnastics is floor Gymnastics performed with music while holding props like
- Ribbon and;
Other than performing normal rhythmic Gymnastics, Gymnasts also use rope and rope climbing for Rhythmic Gymnastics.
Apart from all the other forms of Gymnastics, Trampoline gymnastics gained recognition in 2000 AD. Trampoline Gymnasts performed:-
- Solo Trampoline Gymnastics:- One player on a full sized Trampolines.
- Synchronized Trampoline Gymnastics:- 2 players on the same Trampoline create a synchronization.
- Double-mini Trampoline:- Single player takes lift using the double-mini Trampoline, and performs flips mid-air
Pointing:- Pointing in Gymnastics is done in 3 segments
- Art (10 Points)(situational)
- Difficulty(10 Points)
- Execution(10 Points)
Common Factors related with Gymnastics and other sports too
- Competition:- According to Sports Accord, every sport must have a competitiveness attached to it. That means, there should be a winner and a loser in every match. There are a few sports where ties are allowed, as well. But the most of the Sports have invented tie-breaking methods to ensure a victory. So, there is always a person losing the match.
- Sportsmanship:- Sportsmanship can be described as a feeling of compassion, love, and respect that every sportsman share with another. These are the basic characteristics of a human being, that Sportsmanship emphasizes and people do not. It enables them to grace both, the defeat and the victory.
- Cheating:- To ensure fair play in a sport, set of rules are made by a dedicated association. When a player breaks these rules to take advantage over the other player, or for an ulterior motive, is called Cheating. Players may cheat for so many personal benefits, like money or fame. In most of the sports where cheating is essentially intentional, such activities generally have a zero-tolerance policy.
- Doping and Drugs:- Catching a player while cheating, got easier with time. The Players then started moving to drugs and chemicals, which enhances human capabilities. To mix doping with sports is considered illegal. With the use of certain drugs, the players are now able to perform more efficiently, till the effects last. But as soon as the association finds out, they’re out.
- Violence:- Competitions and Violence always go hand in hand. Violence has always been involved in sports. It can also be seen as a major factor, which attracted people towards the Sports, at the first place. Classic Humans, right? New methods are always being developed to omit the Violence from sports. But foul practices and extreme cheating generally result in violence between the sports personalities.