Top Ice Skating Lessons in USA
VirtuousReviews provides you with the list of top Ice Skating Training Classes in USA that aims to meet all your needs and requirements effectively. Ice skating, as we know, is developed by the Dutch in 13th and 14th century. That was the time when wooden blades got introduced to Skating, which essentially was a leisure exercise. Prior to that, there were no blades, but bones. Flattened at the bottom and tied to foot using leather straps. Although, metal blades came into existence much later, in 1572. First ever Ice Skating arena was established in 1742 in Edinburgh England. The club was called Edinburgh Skating Club. The next Ice Skating club was proposed to be established in England, which did not happen till 1830.
As Players honed their skills with the skates, new forms of competitions started emerging. Even in the earliest mention of competition in Ice Skating was related to figure skating. Racing on Ice came afterward. Today, Ice Skaters perform stunts and ballerina on Ice, which was considered impossible till Jackson Haines performed ballet on ice. He has practically invented sit spin, while Ice Skating. Ice skating allows you to participate in the following Games and Sports.
- Ice Hockey:- It’s just a regular hockey match with ice and skates.
- Speed Skating:- Races on Skates
- Figure Skating:- Display of art and culture by the means of Skating. Figure skating requires intense choreography.
- Rink Bandy:- It’s very similar to Ice Hockey. Just that the puck gets replaced by a ball.
- Ringette:- Another form of Ice Hockey, discovered by women. The best part is, that intentional body contact, is considered a tactical advantage in this sport.
- Tour Skating:- Tour skating is essentially long-distance Ice Skating. Meant for recreational purposes.
- Ice Cross Downhill:- It’s extreme and it’s fun. Downhill skating with sharp turns and vertical drops.
- Barrel Jumping:- Barrel jumping is an old British practice to train the athletes. In this exercise, players have to jump over the barrels to prove their worth.
Common Factors related with Ice Skating racing and other sports too
- Competition:- According to Sports Accord, every sport must have a competitiveness attached to it. That means, there should be a winner and a loser in every match. There are a few sports where ties are allowed, as well. But the most of the Sports have invented tie-breaking methods to ensure a victory. So, there is always a person losing the match.
- Sportsmanship:- Sportsmanship can be described as a feeling of compassion, love, and respect that every sportsman share with another. These are the basic characteristics of a human being, that Sportsmanship emphasizes and people do not. It enables them to grace both, the defeat and the victory.
- Cheating:- To ensure fair play in a sport, set of rules are made by a dedicated association. When a player breaks these rules to take advantage over the other player, or for an ulterior motive, is called Cheating. Players may cheat for so many personal benefits, like money or fame. In most of the sports where cheating is essentially intentional, such activities generally have a zero-tolerance policy.
- Doping and Drugs:- Catching a player while cheating, got easier with time. The Players then started moving to drugs and chemicals, which enhances human capabilities. To mix doping with sports is considered illegal. With the use of certain drugs, the players are now able to perform more efficiently, till the effects last. But as soon as the association finds out, they’re out.
- Violence:- Competitions and Violence always go hand in hand. Violence has always been involved in sports. It can also be seen as a major factor, which attracted people towards the Sports, at the first place. Classic Humans, right? New methods are always being developed to omit the Violence from sports. But foul practices and extreme cheating generally result in violence between the sports personalities.