VirtuousReviews provides you with the list of top Softball Training Classes in USA that aims to meet all your needs and requirements effectively. Softball is a game which resembles baseball in rules but uses a comparatively softer ball. The game was discovered to be played indoors, on 1887’s Thanksgiving. It was after a football match between Yale and Harvard when a Yale alumnus threw a boxing glove at a Harvard fan. The Harvard fan picked up a Broomstick handle and hit the ball. George Hancock called out “Play Ball”, and that’s how the game started.
- It is essentially a bat and ball game.
- First ball ever created for softball, was a boxing glove.
In Softball, the game commences with referee's call, “Play Ball!”. There are one batting side and one fielding in a game. The fielding team can set up players in a formation, to avoid runs. Although, a few positions mandates the presence of a Fielding player. Positions like;
- Pitch:- The place to pitch the ball;
- Catcher:- Right behind the batsman;
- First Base:- The first stop for a batsman to run towards;
- Second Base:- Lies after the first base, batsmen can skip the first and run to second base;
- Third base:- The last base before completing a circle and a Run;
- Short Stop:- Stop the balls infield;
- Outfielder:- Cover the outfield and stops batting team from scoring more;
are set up by fielding teams to “out” the rival team’s batsman. There is more than one way that a batsman can get out. In softball, a batsman is out when, he missed three strikes, he runs into a marked base (base with ball) or when the ball is already in the base, towards which the batsman has to run.
Common Factors related with Climbing and other sports too
- Competition:- According to Sports Accord, every sport must have a competitiveness attached to it. That means, there should be a winner and a loser in every match. There are a few sports where ties are allowed, as well. But the most of the Sports have invented tie-breaking methods to ensure a victory. So, there is always a person losing the match.
- Sportsmanship:- Sportsmanship can be described as a feeling of compassion, love, and respect that every sportsman share with another. These are the basic characteristics of a human being, that Sportsmanship emphasizes and people do not. It enables them to grace both, the defeat and the victory.
- Cheating:- To ensure fair play in a sport, set of rules are made by a dedicated association. When a player breaks these rules to take advantage over the other player, or for an ulterior motive, is called Cheating. Players may cheat for so many personal benefits, like money or fame. In most of the sports where cheating is essentially intentional, such activities generally have a zero-tolerance policy.
- Doping and Drugs:- Catching a player while cheating, got easier with time. The Players then started moving to drugs and chemicals, which enhances human capabilities. To mix doping with sports is considered illegal. With the use of certain drugs, the players are now able to perform more efficiently, till the effects last. But as soon as the association finds out, they’re out.
- Violence:- Competitions and Violence always go hand in hand. Violence has always been involved in sports. It can also be seen as a major factor, which attracted people towards the Sports, at the first place. Classic Humans, right? New methods are always being developed to omit the Violence from sports. But foul practices and extreme cheating generally result in violence between the sports personalities.
Authorize your self with either of these to view contact details, your information will not be shared to any one
Newsletter Subscription for Virtuous Reviews LLP
One more step and you will be subscribed to our newsletters
We have sent you a verification mail on your email id, please verify it.