Customer self-service is a type of electronic support that allows end users to use technology to access information and perform routine tasks without requiring the assistance of a live customer service representative. CSS offers end users with 24-hour-a-day support and immediate access to information without having to wait for a customer representative. Ultimately, the success of a customer self-service initiative depends upon the quality and quantity of information available and the ease with which it can be accessed.
- Knowledgebase holds information about previously resolved issues, more indepth information on product usage, and anything else your customers deem of value to them.
- Downloads gives the customer the flexibility to retrieve that information when he is ready for it without making a field service appointment
- Forums are rich source of information, not only for customers but for your business.
- Notice is a great way to communicate information about your company and product to your entire customer base or to only those that require it.
- Reduces costs of maintaining a contact center
- Enables customer service representatives to specialize
- Always available