What is Access Gateways?
A gateway is basically a network node which connects two networks who uses different protocols.
Gateways could take several forms, including routers or computers and also, it can perform a several of tasks from simply passing traffic to the next hop to offering complex traffic filtering, protocol translations at different network layers.
- Provides remote control for the Windows desktops without any network boundary restrictions
- It retains control of remote sessions without any kind of explosion of your data or service which you do not control
- It allows you to protecting Web resources with Authorization, Form Fill, and Identity Injection policies.
- It provides fault tolerance capabilities by clustering multiple gateways of similar type.
- It groups multiple Web servers, so that if one goes down, content could be retrieved from another server from some other group.