What is Configuration Management Tools?
Software configuration management which is also known as SCM or S/W CM, is the process of tracking or controlling all the changes made in a software. SCM tasks involves the revision control as well as establishment of the baselines. If something went wrong, SCM tracks what things was changed and who had made a change in it.
Basically, Configuration Management is made to automate the deployment of the applications in data center. And it is allowed to handle the event-based scheduling as well as managing all the resources across a complex applications, databases or architectures.
- Enhances customer satisfaction.
- It enables to protect the software from any unwanted changes with the automated version control.
- It allows you to store the information and builds software as well as testware.
- Provides traceability among the software and testware.
- Allows you to keep track of which versions has belong to which configurations.