What is IP Address Management Tools?
IP address management, often called as IPAM is basically a method of planning, tracking, and managing Internet Protocol address space which is used in network.
IPAM combines DNS and DHCP so that every layer gets aware of the changes in the other. In addition to this, functionality, like controlling reservations and other data aggregation or reporting is also common.
IPAM tools are tremendously rising significantly as IPv6 networks are being deployed with the larger address pools, various subnetting techniques, and complex 128-bit hexadecimal numbers which are not easily readable by humans like IPv4 addresses. IPv6 networking, mobile computing, need to have more dynamic address management.
- Ensures easy delegation of IP administration so that systems and network could manage own IPs.
- Enables IP alerting, troubleshooting as well as reporting.
- It provides active directory integration
- Offers role based administration
- Make available end-to-end IP details