Vulnerability management software performs cyclical monitoring tasks to identify, diagnose, and remedy network threats such as hackers, viruses, or malware. Businesses will use vulnerability management tools to constantly test their network’s security and identify threats. IT managers and administrators use vulnerability management to automate tests and monitoring tasks required to maintain a secure network. Once a threat is detected, vulnerability management software will either alert administrators, remedy issues automatically, or install a patch to alter security policies. Vulnerability management products share many features with data security, network security, and web security tools. But vulnerability management tools are focused solely on the identification and management of network threats.
- Discover network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure
- Profile asset configuration and risk potential
- Pinpoint vulnerabilities, malware and attacks
- Analyze threat potential and return on remediation
- Remediate vulnerabilities via integrated patch management (optional)
- Report on vulnerabilities, compliance, benchmarks, etc.
- Protect endpoints against client-side attacks
- Improves Security
- Save time
- Save money
- Know which risks to fix
- Deliver reporting and analytics to multiple stakeholders throughout the organization, enabling them to take immediate action and speed time to resolution
- Cover all device types across the organization, reducing the risks from gaps
- Address every phase of vulnerability management – from assessment to remediation – eliminating the need for security teams to manage multiple tools and improving efficiency
- Extend beyond the vulnerability management silo, delivering context to security threats