A Customer Data Platform (CDP) is best thought of as an integrated customer database for managing multiple marketing campaigns across multiple different channels. Unlike more traditional marketing platforms it is primarily a data store and is not an operational campaign execution tool. It contains several technologies that collect, process and share information to better shape marketing interactions or customer relationships.
- Employs a unified, persistent, single database for all customer behavioural, profile and other data, from any internal or external source;
- Utilises a consistent identifier that links all of a customer’s data
- Customer data platforms create complete customer profiles.
- Customer data platforms are the gateway to improved customer experience
- Improved customer lifetime value.