Food distribution involves the procedure of transporting and distributing food from one place to another. It includes three basic components- transport infrastructure, food handling technology and adequate supply logistics. Transport infrastructure includes the medium of transportation i.e. vehicles, roads, rail transportation etc. Food handling includes storage, refrigeration and warehousing whereas the supply logistics rely on supply and demand.
Offering food distribution services has to encounter a number of challenges every day. Without sacrificing much on providing exceptional services, Food distribution software program lets you stick to the goal of remaining profitable and productive. These programs are developed and updated according to the market demands. Your business may wholly rely on these modules. The top rankers in the list include customer special pricing, catch weight management, standard orders, warehouse management, food traceability, reporting, commission management, online order entry and much more on inventory management. Some software programs also come up with accounting facilities such as reporting and commission management. These systems have been the reason behind the success for over thousands of food distributors.
How does food distribution works?
A food service distributor software works as an intermediary among food manufacturers and foodservice operator The software helps to stores, purchases, sells, and delivers those products, also providing food service operators along with access to items from a variety of manufacturers. Food service distributors procure bulk inventory quantities for the foodservice operator. Food service software buy from a range of local, specialty, and broadline foodservice distributors on may be a daily or weekly basis depending upon the requirements.
- Accurate Forecasting - It provides you a certain picture of the entire food distribution by accurately forecast the need
- Increase in Efficiency and Productivity - By eliminating manual processes, it helps in increasing the efficiency and productivity of distribution to meet the demands of unpredictable market.
- Automated Replenishment - For increasing distribution companies focusing on growth and expansion, it ensures a steady flow of income and highly satisfied customers.
- Visibility - With an automated food distribution software, distributors can benefit by clearly every step in the process, from the scratch to the end.
- Improved Inventory Management - Automated inventory management capabilities provided by the latest softwares improves your food management processes by allowing users to track and manage.
- Accurate reporting - As this software is helpful in decision making, it is also useful for compiling your data into accurate internal and external timely reports.