Top 10 Internet Service Providers in Canada
Get the best Internet service providers in your area with the help of Virtuous Reviews according to your needs such as broadband with wireless or a dial-up connection. Here is a list of top 10 high-speed internet providers in Canada based on their sophisticated features. ISP providers listed here are best in term of plans and prices and provides fast internet connections.
An Internet Service Provider (ISP) is a company that provides Internet access to companies, families, and even mobile users. ISPs use fiber optics, satellite, copper wire, and other forms to provide Internet access to its customers. The type of Internet access varies depending on what the customer requires.
With a number of online platforms, the Internet has become utmost important to perform day to day activities. ISPs were first developed in the year 1989 in Australia and the US. Some internet service providers also offer additional services such as cable linked telephone, cable television or maybe cable linked home security. Every ISP differs from other in its services, costs, upload and download speeds. To select an Internet service provider, you actually need to have a crystal clear understanding of how it actually works.
We at Virtuous Reviews, make an extremely thorough research to find out the best internet service provider and services for you in Canada. We fetch such ISPs and arrange them in a preferential order with best one highlighted at the top. Like what’s mentioned above, every ISP differ in its plans and pricing. Out of the listing created by our analysts, you can easily make a selection and choose the one that suits best for you.
For some providers, the introductory fee may vary from the fee that the customer actually pays when the initial contract lasts. Some ISPs use internet cable while others use DSL or fiber optics.
How to choose the best Internet Service Provider?
To get the best internet service provider in your area you have to consider the following factors-
Get High - Speed Data
Broadband-whether through your cable, DSL, or other providers, is definitely worth the cost for anyone who works a significant amount of time from home.
Compare ISP Download and Upload Speeds
These days cable, telephone, satellite and DSL providers are all vying for your broadband business. The companies offer similar data speeds and services at competitive pricing (around $30-$100 per month, depending on the provider you select and package speed). When selecting an ISP, be sure you compare prices on a reasonable basis.
For example, if your telephone company has a plan with 15Mbps download and 5Mbps upload speeds, compare it to the closest available plan with the same speeds from your cable company.
- Contract terms - Many companies require at least a 1-year contract, but others are month-to-month. Be aware of any service cancellation fees before deciding to switch providers.
- Bundled service prices - You'll likely get a good (but limited-time) deal if you use a telephone, the Internet, and TV service from the same provider. The price is usually only worth it, however, if you're a heavy user of all these services.
- Business plans and usability - Some Internet Service Providers offer special data speeds, email features, and pricing for small businesses. You may also qualify if you tell the sales rep you work from home; this is also good to do just in case the ISP has any limitations regarding business use - make sure your ISP permits VPN pass-through if you will need VPN for your remote
Compare Add-ons and special features
Many ISPs throw in extras just to make it seem like you are getting a great value. Things like anti-virus program subscriptions, an ISP-branded email address, and personal web pages are just that extras that you likely don't need. One pretty cool add-on you might find, though, is free Wi-Fi hotspot access. For example, if you're a Cablevision customer anywhere near one of its public Wi-Fi towers (whether you're in a building like a coffee shop or outside in the park), you can hop onto it. That might sway you if you frequently use your laptop on the go.
- Fast download and upload speeds - Get the fastest download and upload speeds for the price you are paying.
- Unlimited access to a fast and reliable network of over 1.5 million indoor and outdoor Optimum WiFi hotspots - at no additional cost.
- 24/7 customer service is provided for better support. Department can be contacted online or by phone.
- Send and receive videos at tremendous speeds. Streaming high-definition movies, chatting with friends, downloading large files or uploading photos to the social networking site of choice in a quick way.
- Affordable prices - you do not need to lose a lot to get all the services as these can be availed at amazingly affordable prices.